Creating value through an ownership-oriented investment approach
Mentoring with a long-term investment approach that focuses on...
(Pension fund manager for CN)
CNID EQUITY CHALLENGE 2017
Sponsored by CN Investment Division (CNID)
- industry leaders
- quality management
- sustainable competitive advantages
Real-life examples of challenges faced by investment professionals on a daily basis
WHAT IS IT?
Challenge consists of two rounds:
- Choose from the companies listed below.
- Submit a two-page report detailing where you see the stock in 10 years and why.
- Up to three students per participating school will be selected for the second round.
- Participate in a CNID Training Day.
- Prepare a 15-minute stock pitch that you will present to a panel of CNID portfolio managers (company to be provided).
- Benefit from CNID equity mentoring to help you prepare your pitch.
THE WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE WILL BE OFFERED A SUMMER INTERNSHIP!
Companies for Round 1
CGI Group Inc.
Howden Joinery Group Plc.
Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp.
- Take advantage of two months of professional mentoring from CNID equity analysts.
- Experience real-life examples of challenges faced by investment professionals on a daily basis.
- Have access to sell-side analysts and, if possible, to senior management to help prepare second round pitches.
***THE WINNER WILL BE OFFERED AN INTERNSHIP FOR SUMMER 2018***
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- Round 1 submissions due by November 12, 2017 with results announced on November 24, 2017.
- CNID Training Day for Round 2 candidates on December 1, 2017.
- Ongoing mentoring and pitch preparation from December 1, 2017 to February 16, 2018.
- Final pitches and closing celebrations on February 16, 2018 with the winner to be announced on February 19, 2018.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Please submit your two-page report for Round 1 of the challenge in PDF format by November 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Note: Your report should include your name and email address as well as the name of the university.
Send your report by email to