Testimonials and Photos
Mentoring with a long-term investment approach that focuses on...
Active Investment Management • a Philosophy of Ownership • Resilient Business Models
CNID Investment Challenge 2020
Sponsored by CN Investment Division (CNID)
The 2020 CNID Investment Challenge is on!
The CNID Investment Challenge gives you a unique, real world chance to boost your skills as an investment analyst covering high-quality companies and private assets. Working with our team of professionals, finalists will gain on-the-ground experience to help prepare for life after graduation.
Sign up for this year's competition and:
- Learn from the mentorship and real-life experience of buy-side investment professionals.
- Hone your skills by doing deep-dive company analysis.
- Pitch your investment recommendation to CNID's experienced investors.
- Win a summer internship at CNID.
Who it's for:
Undergraduate and graduate students. Click here to hear some testimonials from past participants of the challenge.
How it works
- Choose one of the following pre-selected companies:
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
Brookfield Renewable Partners
- Submit a two-page report detailing why a pension fund would consider taking this
We'll pick up to three winning reports from each school - those students will move on to the next round of the challenge...
- Participate in a CNID Virtual Training Day that will help you better analyze companies from the
- Choose a company within a short list and prepare a 20-minute pitch to present to our panel of
CNID portfolio managers.
- We'll assign you a mentor from the CNID investment team to guide you in preparing your pitch.
The winner of the challenge gets a summer 2021 internship
in the private assets team at CNID!
- Sign up by submitting your two-page report - due November 6, 2020.
- Winners of Round 1 will be notified by November 12, 2020.
- The Virtual Training Day is on November 27, 2020.
- Pitch Day is on January 22, 2021.
How to Participate
Email your two-page report for Round 1 of the challenge in PDF format by 11:59 p.m. on November 6, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org - Make sure to include your name, your email address and name of your university.