Your opportunity to learn an investment approach decades in the making…
Philosophy of Ownership • Exceptional People • Rigorous Process • Conviction-driven Portfolio
CNID Investment Challenge 2023
Sponsored by CN Investment Division (CNID)
The 2023 CNID Investment Challenge is on!
CNID invests to capture a larger share of tomorrow’s economy. Although this may seem like a simple objective, achieving it can be complex as it requires a rigorous and consistent approach over the long term. This is where we truly stand out from our peers, and we’re excited to share that expertise with you.
The CNID Investment Challenge gives you a unique, real world opportunity to boost your skills as an investment analyst covering high-quality companies and private assets. Working with our team of professionals, finalists will gain hands-on experience to help prepare for life after graduation.
Sign up for this year’s Challenge and:
- Learn from the mentorship and real-life experience of buy-side investment professionals
- Hone your skills by doing deep-dive company analysis
- Pitch your investment recommendation to CNID’s experienced investors
- Win a summer internship at CNID
Who it’s for:
Undergraduate and graduate students. Click here to hear some testimonials from past participants of the Challenge
How it works
- Choose one of the following pre-selected companies or a company of your choice:
- Submit a two-page report detailing where you see the company in 10 years - and why.
We'll pick up to three winning reports from each school - up to ten students will be selected and move on to the next round of the challenge..
- Participate in a CNID Training Day that will help you better analyze companies from the
- You'll be working on the same company you presented in round 1 and prepare a 20-minute pitch to present to our panel of CNID portfolio managers
- We'll assign you a mentor from the CNID investment team to guide you in preparing your pitch
The winner of the Challenge gets a summer 2024 internship in the Global Equities team at CNID!
- Sign up by submitting your two-page report - due October 9, 2023
- The finalists of Round 1 will be notified by October 13, 2023
- The Training Day is on October 20, 2023
- Pitch Day is on November 24, 2023
- The winner of the Challenge will be announced on November 27, 2023
How to Participate
Email your two-page report for Round 1 of the challenge in PDF format by 11:59 p.m. on October 9, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org - Make sure to include your name, your email address, and the name of your university.